Our policies for the 2015 General Election included:
- Improve human health, save NHS funds, protect the environment and global food security by promoting healthy plant-based diets.
- Re-direct EU subsidies away from livestock and fisheries farming and into plant-based agriculture.
- Phase out farming practices and systems with poor welfare consequences for animals.
- End live animal export and reduce journey times for animals travelling to slaughter within the UK.
- End all slaughter without prior stunning.
- Phase out animal experimentation with binding targets for reduction combined with proper funding & real support for alternatives.
- Act on the known link between animal abuse and domestic violence with increased penalties for those convicted of animal abuse.
- Independently monitored CCTV for all slaughterhouses.
- Clear labelling of all products with information which allows consumers to make informed choices in line with their own principles on the environment, health, animal welfare and the social circumstances in which a product is produced.
- A ban on ‘puppy farms’ and the sale of animals in retail stores.
Our full 2015 General Election Manifesto is available here.
If you represent an organisation and would like to make policy suggestions for future manifestos, please contact us at: email@example.com